A place to be baffled, puzzled, confused, and cajoled.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Breeding and why it's a bad idea.

"MOMMY I WANT IT I WANT IT!! I WANT IT! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

Every now and then I hear this in a public place; the crying of a horrible little child filled with horrible behaviours by its horrible parents. The poor thing. I hear it and I'm glad I didn't breed.

Why breed, anyway? So you'll have someone to put you in a home in 50 years? So you'll have someone to beg, borrow, and steal money from you? Bleh. It's my unsolicited, uninformed opinion that some people reproduce simply to justify acting like a child again. A man at a playground accompanied by a child is a good father; a man alone at the playground is probably a child molester. Or possibly a hobo.

I'm fortunate to have found a partner who shares (or at least sympathizes with) my awful views on human breeding. We also agree that there ought to be adult-sized playgrounds. Games for adults suck; they're all full of structure and rules. A way to establish a malicious pecking order, if nothing else. A human being doesn't lose the need for unstructured play time simply because it grows breasts or starts ejaculating.

No comments:

Post a Comment